Women Golfers United by Kindness, Support & Mutual Respect
LOP Lady Niners Bylaws
LAKE OF THE PINES WOMENS
NINE HOLE GOLF CLUB
Name of organization shall be Lake of the Pines Women’s Nine Hole Golf Club,
a.k.a. LOP Lady Niners
The objectives of this Golf Club are to foster good fellowship among its members and to promote the game of golf for women who prefer to play a nine-hole game.
The Lady Niners are women golfers united by kindness, support, and mutual respect.
There shall be two (2) classes of membership:
- Regular Members
- All females 18 years of age or older who are either members, associate members, or residents of LOP in good standing with the LOP Association shall be classified as regular members.
- Non-LOP Association members are eligible to join as regular members up to a maximum of 25% of total membership. They shall have the same playing privileges as any member but must pay the daily guest green fees.
- Members shall be subject to all dues, may participate in club events, vote and hold office in the Club. Members are expected to actively support and participate in Club activities, fundraising, tournaments, committees and Chair positions.
- Membership in the LOP Lady Niner is accompanied by benefits of membership in the Women’s Nine Hole Golf Association (WNHGA) and Northern California Golf Association (NCGA). Individual members(s) holding a dual membership must declare their home club. Only members declaring the LOP Lady Niners as their home club may participate or be awarded the Club Championship.
- Requirements for joining: Obtain application on the Lady Niner website. The application has a list of requirements for joining.
- Social Members
All members 18 years of age or older who are members or residents of Lake of the Pines and do not wish to participate in any golfing activity or belong to any other golfing group. Social members may not hold office on Executive Board.
- Dues for regular and social membership shall be determined annually. Dues shall run from January 1st to December 31st. Dues paid by new members after September 30th shall be credited for following year (LOP Lady Niners dues only). Any change in amount of dues must be approved by a majority of members present at a General Membership meeting.
- Dues are payable November 1st and become delinquent December 1st. Only paid up members are eligible to enter tournaments or be listed in Membership Roster.
- General Membership meetings shall be held after golf on the second Tuesday each month, or as scheduled.
- A meeting of the Executive Board shall be held prior to each General Membership meeting or as scheduled.
- Special meetings may be called at the discretion of designated officer.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The culture of the Lady Niners is reflected in our motto:
Women golfers united by kindness, support and mutual respect.
In the event that there is an incident of conduct unbecoming of a Lady Niner, the party/parties involved should submit a description in writing to the attention of the Executive Board within 30 days of the event. The Executive Board will work with all parties to resolve the issue amicably. If resolution is not possible, then the matter will be turned over to the Lake of the Pines Association to be handled at their discretion and in accordance with The Lake of the Pines Code of Conduct,
Executive Board shall consist of Captain, Co-Captain, Secretary and Treasurer (who are elected by membership) and Weekly Sweeps Tournament Coordinator, Handicapper, Parliamentarian and Advisor (who are appointed by Captain).
The Captain shall appoint chairs, as needed, to facilitate Club business. Chairs may appoint committee members, as needed, and shall maintain records to pass to succeeding chairs. Those chairs not serving on the Executive Board may attend Executive Board meetings as required and/or at discretion of Captain.
NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
- Nominating Committee shall consist of three members and at least one alternate, with chair being appointed by the Club Captain.
- Nominees must have been members in good standing for at least one year and must have accepted nomination prior to being presented to membership at September General Membership meeting. Nominations may be made from floor, providing such nominees have consented to serve.
- Ballots shall be communicated via email to members.
- A majority of votes cast shall be sufficient to elect.
- Results of election of officers shall be announced at October General Membership meeting.
- Newly elected officers shall be installed in January.
- Vacancy of Captain during elective year shall be filled by progression of Co-Captain.
- Vacancy of any other elected officer during elective year shall be filled by appointment of Captain, approved by elected officers, and ratified by members at the next General Membership meeting.
- All proposed amendments to Bylaws of LOP Women’s Nine-Hole Golf Club shall be posted by Secretary two weeks prior to next General Membership meeting.
- Amendments to Bylaws may be made by majority vote of the voting members, but no less than 25% of the membership.
For all matters not covered in Bylaws, Robert Rules of Order (Revised) shall govern.
These Bylaws have been posted, reviewed, accepted and voted on by the Lady Niner members as of July 21, 2023.